Start at the beginning

Thursday 3 July 2014

The nudge

I received a nudge when I overheard that someone at the client site I was working at had just run an ultra. I engaged them, casually at first, but obviously not casually enough.

Once he read between my questions that I was considering having a go myself, he subtly started to convince me that it was perfectly possible. He pointed out that there was a 50 miler quite near to where I live in just over a years time. "That's more than enough time to train" he said."What's more,you've got the added advantage of being able to train on the course." He promptly provided me with the name of the race and of the organisers, leaving me no excuse not to Google it.

Over the space of a few short conversations, what had been a theoretical contemplation became a tangible possibility.

He also gave me some insight into the training I would need to put in in order or complete the challenge. Was I really ready to make that commitment?

No comments:

Post a Comment